Monday, April 8, 2013

 
 
Dinner Friday at Jasper Café; then frozen yogurt next door; and Friday family swim night. Chris is in Indiana. Atticus said today, "All the time, I like Daddy. I like it when he takes me places. I'm still sad that he didn't take me to Indiana." That probably won't be happening again. Atticus will be tagging along every time.
 



 

nap time

 
 Atticus earned an "Awesome" ribbon in swim class Sunday. He's come a long way in a few weeks. He wants me to take him into the pool room, but once he's in he enjoys himself. No more crying or almost crying because I'm not in the pool with him.

On another note, I've been impressed by how well he plays by himself lately. Sunday morning he entertained himself for hours--mostly playing trains. He sings a lot when he plays. If he's not singing, he's playing make believe. Tonight he was engrossed for fifteen minutes or so by us pretending to throw imaginary eggs at each other. This was while I was chopping kale and cooking quinoa. He didn't mind at all that I was cooking as long as I still ducked to miss the eggs here and there and threw some back.
 


 
 After swim we lunched at Maynard's where we could watch the trains go by from our table. We were killing time before a 4pm birthday party. I intended for him to nap in the car in town. When I asked him around 1:30 if he was tired yet, he said, "No. I will be sleepy in a couple of days." An hour or so later, he was passed out in the car as planned. :)


 

 

Then to his school mate's birthday party at a crazy jumping castle place. If I never go to another one of these places again in my life, I will be quite satisfied. Picture this: lots of generously proportioned adults knocking kids out of the way to get through the obstacle courses and down the slides; crack, crack, and more crack; the aroma of body odor. This was the only obstacle course Atticus braved, and I don't blame him for the reasons listed above.

We did our first movie night a week ago: Finding Neemo. We sat on the floor and ate pizza at the coffee table. Atticus was so engrossed that he forgot to eat his pizza even though he was initially excited about it. He made it through the entire movie, but really it was too scary for him. He adores Neemo, the many scary sharks not so much. This past weekend he and I watched Brave. He liked that movie better and keeps asking to watch it again. 
 
This morning he said, "When Daddy comes home, he will take care of me. And mommy takes care of me. And the kitty takes care of me."
 
He's been saying quite frequently to me, "I want you," meaning he wants me to cuddle him or pick him up or sit close to him or what not. 
 
And I have to add that it cracks me up how he is always reciting various rules and consequences in second-person. "If you don't eat your dinner, you don't get a treat." "If you run away, you don't get a smiley face." etc. etc.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment