Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just a little update since I haven't posted in ages...

Atticus continues to be his lovely self. He's such a cuddle bug. And he's often laughing or making me laugh. He's become more adventurous and confident about signing, though kind of random if you ask me about what he signs and doesn't sign. I only recently started consistently signing "all done" when he seemed to be done with his meals. And he seems to have gotten it now--in very little time. He did it beautifully tonight. And this is quite an improvement on his previous "sign" that he was done--throwing his leftover food all over the kitchen. Tonight he also attempted to sign "egg"--not a particularly easy sign. He didn't get it quite right, as to be expected, but I was impressed that he wasn't too intimidated to try. However, I've been signing stuff like "ball," "book," "water" and "bath" for ages, and he still rarely, if ever, tries those. They must be too hard? Or less "fun"?

A few weeks ago he was exhibiting some hardcore toddler tantrum behavior, though since then it seems to have subsided. He was crying the second something didn't go his way, rather than having the patience or trust that I might help him if he would just wait a second.

As the video posting showed, he started swimming lessons last weekend. His second lesson is tomorrow. He was overdue for a nap when we got there last week, so he was clingy and whiny at first, but he quickly succumbed to the soothing warm water and fun activities (what really excited him was swimming toward the wall of the pool in order to knock down a foam turtle sitting on the ledge) and really enjoyed himself. Afterwards we had lunch at the new organic bakery down the street; then he passed out for a long nap.

This morning he slept in until 8am, the latest he's ever slept, I think. He did wake at 4, which he's been doing a lot lately, but I took him into bed with me, which I haven't done in ages, and he crashed out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment