Monday, April 23, 2012

Atticus has composed his own tune: the milk song. He sung/hummed it several days ago after nursing, and it cracked me up so much that now he's performing it once or twice a day. It goes something like "My milk, milk, milk, dum di, duh duh duh, milk, duh, duh, milk..." And then he falls backwards against the bed.

Yesterday Atticus and I spent a good fifteen minutes trying to "fix" a toy of his by applying screwdrivers to its screws. He was so into this that every time I suggested we turn it right side up to play with it, he protested.


My gorgeous boy. When I showed him this photo in the camera after I took it, he pointed at it, then at his own flesh and said, "Two Atticuses!" Like I said before, he's really into counting pairs these days.



Potty training has been kind of slow so far. He seems nervous about sitting on his bare bottom on the potty. However, I ordered him an Elmo potty video, which he adores, so I think it's going to prove a very useful tool. When I asked him to try using the potty yesterday, he initially said no, but at the same time was asking to watch the video; so I told him he could watch it if we set his potty up in front of the tv and he sat on it without his diaper. He was happy to comply. The other trick that's sometimes been handy is storing books in the little side compartment of his potty. This photo is from the previous weekend. He sat on the potty for quite some time while he read.

Tonight we went to the fair and had a blast! Notes and photos coming

No comments:

Post a Comment