Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Some things that happened yesterday:

When Atticus awoke, he promptly informed me that he had a big elephant-sized poop in his diaper. Yes, that's how he described it.

He helped me make a buckwheat breakfast cake and we topped it with walnuts and sliced bananas and shared it.

As we drove away after I picked him up from daycare, he said "Bye bye, school. Bye bye, Ava." Ava was nowhere in sight.

When we got home he had the most intense meltdown I've ever seen him have. It lasted only about ten minutes, if even, but it seemed longer. Itwas so wild by Atticus standards that I worried momentarily that he'd ingested some kind of poison. He slithered all over the floor; intentionally slammed his head into the coffee table; kicked off one shoe and hobbled about the house like a psychopathic killer (movie psychopathic killers almost always have some kind of physical deformity); fixated on the medicine dispenser sitting on the bar across the room (I'm pretty sure the meltdown was brought on by teethign pain) and moved in on it like a rabid animal that spotted prey, and threw it across the room (repeatedly). Finally, I grabbed him and whispered to him about all of the people who love him, and he calmed down, then wanted to nurse and wanted that medicine he'd thrown every which way. The rest of the evening he was his sweet, normal self.

1 comment: