Friday, August 10, 2012

Atticus: "My penis."
Me: "Yeah."
Atticus: "Where's mama's penis?"
Me: "Mama doesn't have a penis."
Atticus, looking like he thinks I'm kidding: "In Mama's underwear?"
This eventually evolved into "Fan have a penis?" "No." "Train have a penis?" "No," etc.


When Atticus says that my milk is his, I tell him that no, it's mine, but that I share it with him. Tonight he announced that since we are sharing, he will take the left breast, and I can have the right.

His love of "Pumped Up Kicks" has gotten slightly embarassing. He demands that I sing it to him as I take him into daycare in the mornings. In that context, it just doesn't sound right for me to be singing to my kid about all the other kids outrunning my guns and bullets.

In the mornings and afternoons both we listen to this song in the car. He insists each time that I sing while he plays drum to it. He joins in here and there with a word or two. Afterwards, he says, "Mama is funny!"

No comments:

Post a Comment