Tuesday, July 20, 2010

rapid update

I'm exhausted, but I feel guilt about not having provided any updates recently other than photos. So I'll fill you in very quickly on a few of the things that Atticus has been up to lately:

  • Perhaps a month ago now he started playing hide and go seek with himself. He flings a sheet or receiving blanket over his head and then takes his hands away, leaving the sheet or blanket over his face. It freaks me out just a tiny bit, but it is awfully cute. He gets excited when someone comes by to pull it away again and reveal him.
  • His big thing right now is experimenting with his voice. He's a little morning song bird. Gone are the days when I could still snooze a little bit after he had awakened. Now he sings and sings, making sure everyone else is up with him. He's been moving his lips around, making different types of sounds; seeing how loud he can get, etc.
  • He's also become quite the giggler. It's lovely.
  • He's rolled over a couple of times now on the floor, but only once at a time. He hasn't quite mastered the skill. But he does enjoy belly time quite a bit now, so he'll get there.
  • In case you, like our pediatrician, wondered if he can focus on a raisin, he can! When I filled out the questionnaire at his four-month check-up, I had no idea whether he could focus on a raisin, having never held a raisin up to his face before. There were several oddball questions like that. For example, if you sneak up on your child from behind and whisper to him, does he hear you? Or something like that. What parent out there just so happens to have tried all of these things, despite not having seen the questionnaire in advance? I felt as though I were somehow not observant enough that I couldn't answer half these questions.
  • Atticus is definately showing an interest in food. I don't know that he necessarily wants to eat it, but he's always looking at my food and grabbing at it when it's within reach. The same goes for my water glass. I'm holding out at least until 5 months to introduce some solids, 6 or more months if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment