Saturday, August 21, 2010

avocado!


Kind of on a whim last night, I decided to give Atticus his first solid food today. It wasn't totally a whim, I guess. I've been eager to allow him to try other foods for a while because he's been ready for a while. I could pull a single peanut out of my pocket twenty yards away, and I swear that boy would know it and stop whatever he was doing to watch me eat it. I wanted to wait until at least 5 1/2 months, and I decided last night that we were close enough (after all, he was born several days late). Since avocados are supposedly a good first food, and they're in season, and Chris and I both love them, that seemed like a good choice. So I mashed up some avocado and mixed it with breastmilk, and voila, baby's first "solid." I wouldn't say Atticus was ecstatic, but he was certainly interested. He opened wide and slurped up whatever he could off of the spoon.


As you can see, it wasn't long before Atticus was interested in feeding himself.


And perhaps you've noticed that his face really isn't all that dirty, but his bib sure is. Atticus wiped his face with his bib between bites. He's a mannered baby, it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. How fun....what wonderful shots of him doing this. Amazing he wiped his face! and his awareness of the spoon is great.

    ReplyDelete