Thursday, August 19, 2010

sitting up, rolling over, etc.

I suppose that if I would post more regularly, I wouldn't have to write these long lists to update you on what Atticus has been up to, but in the meantime, here we go:

  • When Atticus is excited, which is frequent, he will oftentimes beat on his chest and belly with his fists like he's Tarzan, and his belly makes a sound akin to a bongo. Sometimes he does this with toys, even wooden toys. It looks and sounds painful to me, but he doesn't seem bothered in the least.
  • Atticus has finally gotten the swing of rolling over. He's been doing it off and on for several months, but not with much recognition, as far as I could tell, of what he had done or how to do it again. Now he rolls over onto his back just about every time we put him on his belly.
  • He's sitting up now too. He still topples over from time to time, but not very much. He can hold himself up for quite a long time, and I'm amazed at how comfortable he seems doing it--as if he's been doing it for ages.
  • Tonight I let him sit up in the bath tub, which helped him discover that he can make big splashes with his hands too, not just his feet. He splashed himself in the face over and over.
  • At daycare, he plays in a walker sometimes, and his caregiver, Lisa, has been telling me about how he jets around the room in that thing. I saw a little bit of that when I dropped him off this morning. He actually stands up off of the seat when he walks around in it. That boy has super strong legs. And the grin on his face was even bigger than the one he gives Sabine.
  • Future Atticus will probably not like me sharing this, but today he made grunting noises to help his bowels move. I never before would have thought that could be cute.

I think that's it for now. I have to get back to work (yes, I am always working).

1 comment:

  1. Wow....can't wait to see it all myself....what development progress!

    ReplyDelete