Monday, August 2, 2010

lazy baby

The coworker who is always asking me about my supply, and who the other week suggested I must produce a large milk supply because I'm tall, today asked me if my not-quite-five-month-old is crawling yet. Keep in mind she does have a child of her own, so she doesn't have a very good excuse for being oblivious to the general timeline of mobility in humans. When I said that he wasn't, she asked if he's lazy. She laughed, so maybe it was just a joke, but if it was just a joke, she didn't make that very clear. She certainly didn't say "just kidding."

(Even the advanced-mobility baby in mom and baby group isn't anywhere near crawling yet!)

6 comments:

  1. Silly lady....but even if it were the time for SOME babies, it doens't mean anything for all babies. For instance, one child might talk early and walk late, one might roll over at the right time, but not stand up until "late". It really doesn't make much sense to compare every little thing...maybe if everything was later than the average it is worth checking out. He appears to be a perfectly alert and wonderful little boy!

    She is probably just a space cadet .... like me at times! I mean, what does her comment about lots of milk because your are tall mean?

    Much love,
    jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, "the advanced-mobility baby"! There is one in every group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's impressed that I manage to feed him on breastmilk alone, hence she thinks I must have some magical tall-lady milk supply. She says goofy things all the time, but calling a baby who isn't even five months yet lazy for not crawling yet, that beats all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You and I should get to work from home indefinitely to avoid idiotic co-workers. You should yell her that Atticus' belly is too full from your superior milk supply to crawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You want me to come out and rough her up a little, or do you want to wait a couple of years and let Atticus take care of it himself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee. Nice. I bet if I saw her she would ask if E knows the alphabet yet; when I say no, she would tell me he's dumb.

    ReplyDelete