Thursday, November 4, 2010

top teeth

Tooth #3 poked through the gums Monday night, and I just discovered this evening that tooth #4 has poked through the gums. It must have happened last night because I'm pretty sure I checked yesterday for it.

Hopefully this means Atticus will soon begin sleeping better at night. It's been a rough week sleep-wise. He's suddenly very difficult to get to bed (no crying it out whatsever this week--not while he's teething), and he wakes every 45 minutes or so. Thus, he's been coming to bed with me--once I'm done with my work. It's much easier that way. We both get more sleep than we would otherwise.

I'm thankful this teething business didn't start up last week while Chris was out of town. I would have had to use a good deal of vacation.

Oh, and I have a plan for preventing Atticus from getting any more ear infections. Time will tell whether it works. First, I'm mixing echinacea into his food. Second, I will no longer heed my pediatrician's advice about avoiding suctioning his nostrils unless he's so clogged he can't nurse. Dr. Sears (I'm not a Dr. Sears fanatic by any means, but...) has a list on his website of the various things you can do to help prevent ear infections, and one of them (in addition to echinacea drops) is to keep the nasal passages clear. The third thing, another Dr. Sears recommendation, is that from here on out, I'm taking Atticus to the chiropractor at the first sign of a possible ear infection (ear pulling), or maybe even just every time he gets a cold, since that's what causes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment