Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We'd post new photos, but the USB connection on Chris's camera is malfunctioning...

Atticus's one-year stats:

weight--23 lbs 2 oz (50th percentile)
height--33 1/2 inches (off the charts)
head circumference--48 cm (90th percentile)

The first couple of days back in the office full time have gone well. Atticus doesn't even seem aware that anything has changed. I'm visiting him at lunch, which helps both of us. Today I nursed him and rocked him to sleep. The first thing he wants to do when I pick him up after work is go outside. We hang out in the parking lot for a few minutes--he hangs his head out the window and beats on the car. Then as soon as we get home, we or Chris or I alone take him to the park to swing. So far, so good.

The pediatrician says we need to teach Atticus to point to what he wants. It seems like every well check-up he brings up something we should be doing that we're not. sigh. :) Atticus is, however, now signing "cheese" as well as "milk." And I think he's signing "bath" a little bit too.

We saw a different pediatrician yesterday to check that A's ear infection had gone away. It had, but she also remarked that he'd had quite a number of ear infections and that we may want to investigate getting tubes put in. It seems far too early for that, in my opinion. I'm not so desperate I'll let him be put under anesthesia at this point. Plus, his regular pediatrician has yet to mention it. And it's warming up big time here in Tucson. Hopefully, there will be fewer colds and fewer (none?) ear infections.

I signed Atticus up for swim lessons. He starts in 2 1/2 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I think that it is much more impressive that Atticus is signing for what he wants. Who needs to point when you can just sign for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we are starting swimming next week. When and where are you going?

    ReplyDelete