Monday, June 18, 2012

Atticus and I played some baseball this afternoon. He chose a bat and ball for me and another set for himself. Then we took turns hitting. (We kind of stole Risa's old hat, Lauri.)





Last night I made broccoli fritters, and Atticus proclaimed, "Cookies! Broccoli cookies!" and gobbled them up along with two runny-yolk eggs. In the past, he pretty much refused anything but a solid yolk. This morning he ate every bite of his breakfast, then helped me clean up without any prompting from me. And tonight he said of the zucchini on his plate, "Zucchini! I like zucchini!" He also ate kale that I didn't even like all that much because I understeamed it. And after trying a big bite of goat cheese he didn't think he liked much, he decided on his own (I told him he didn't have to eat anymore of it) to try it again. And guess what? He said he liked it, and he asked for more. I don't know what the heck prompted this transformation in my child, but I'm loving every minute of it.

And after having a very, very rough time last night transitioning back to his own bed after three nights of sleeping in mommy's bed (it started up again because of Chris being home only from about 10 or 11 at night Thursday to 4 or 5 in the morning. poor Chris), he went to bed easily tonight. I could tell he was struggling not to cry when I lay him down. But he succeeded. He's awesome. Not that he wasn't before, but now he's even more awesome. I'm very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment