Monday, April 26, 2010

Recent Accomplishments

Atticus:
  • Over the last couple of weeks Atticus has demonstrated a much improved ability to entertain himself while I make breakfast, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, wash cloth diapers, and more and more, even while I take a shower. He's sometimes content in the swing for up to half an hour. In the mornings especially, he's also content for quite a while just lying in bed and checking out the light patterns on the walls and ceiling. It's so so so so lovely to be able to eat breakfast without bringing on the siren. I even have enough time to make oatmeal or eggs, and to drink some coffee.
  • Saturday evening Atticus slept over six hours uninterrupted! I was so tired that evening that I went to bed soon after him, so it was also the longest I've slept uninterrupted since he was born.
  • Also, Saturday evening on the car ride home, I put my pinky finger in his mouth to calm him since we were out close to his bed time and he was getting awfully cranky. I'd never done this before. The next morning, he put his thumb in his mouth while he was waiting to nurse. He'd never done this before to my knowledge. So it seems to me he made the connection between my finger and his.
  • He's also becoming more mobile in various ways. This morning, he was pushing off of his legs, trying to launch himself closer to the mobile.
Me:
  • I've learned to nurse him without hands by propping him up on a blanket in my lap while I'm working at the computer! It doesn't always work, but it works enough of the time that I'm not having to peck out keys nearly as much.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful progress! Love all the expressiveness in his face too!

    ReplyDelete