Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm so, so, so exhausted (and have been for days! sigh), so I'll try to make this short.

I can't remember whether I've mentioned this before or not, and because I'm way too tired to peruse old postings to find out, I'll risk repetition rather than risk not recording this: future Atticus, you were quite apprehensive about tentacled things as a baby. First there was the gummy, squishy, zillion-tentacled purple ball Grandma Jean brought out for you to play with; then the birthday-cake hat with the long, floppy candles that Grandma Ginny showed you; then last week, the lobed succulents trailing out of hanging baskets at the nursery. And this makes me wonder, does your timidity about grass stem from the same place? It is kind of an alien phenomenon here in Tucson after all...

Your walker arrived this week, and you're so proud of yourself pushing it all around the house, except when you push it into a wall or other object, then you're aggravated and hollering for somebody to set you free again.

And you love, love, love swinging. I strap you in the Ergo and swing just as I would if I were alone, and you giggle and smile and chatter and look around inquisitively at the sky and the trees, etc. And when I decide we're done, you are never in agreement.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    Why are you so tired....something new going on? Are you feeling ill? So sorry to hear....as I know that take the shine off things. But thanks for taking the energy for the update!

    Love,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I've been so tired. I've also been having weird stomach pain and headaches, yet other than that, all is normal... Today my stomach and head were better, but I was still pretty tired. I try to go to bed early, but I guess it's not early enough. I haven't had caffeine in the last few days in an effort to take care of my stomach. Perhaps that has something to do with it, even though I don't like to believe I'm addicted to caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no caffeine => headache.....in my experience is a linkage. but ususally only one or two days. I hope you feel much better soon.

    Love,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. true, except the headaches began before I stopped the caffeine... I'm having some coffee today for the first time in several days; I hope my body's ready.

    ReplyDelete