Sunday, October 10, 2010

conjunctivitis

well, Atticus did look good this morning, but then his eye started having discharge again later in the day, then both eyes, and now he's got some pink under his eyes and his cheeks are abnormally rosy; it's clear he has conjunctivitis. What a way to celebrate his seven-month birthday :(

The triage nurse called in a prescription for eye drops tonight, and Chris picked them up. Atticus didn't like receiving the drops, as you might imagine. After I got a drop into one eye, he squeezed both eyes shut so tight, it took a lot of effort to pry the second one open. :( Hopefully he'll be better soon. And hopefully we won't catch it. My hands are already dry from overwashing them, and I've been careful not to touch my eyes whatsoever. Maybe it's lucky my corneas are wrecked. Not being able to wear contacts makes it a lot easier to avoid the eyes.

Atticus seems to be feeling pretty good for the most part. I took him to the Reid Park Zoo this morning, and to run a few errands after, and he was his usual cheerful, cooperative self.

No comments:

Post a Comment