Sunday, October 10, 2010

sleep, food, etc.

Atticus's sleep has been so inconsistent lately. Some nights he sleeps pretty fabulously; then nights like last night, he wakes to nurse a trillion times. Luckily, he goes back to sleep easily most of the time, but still, it was kind of a long night.

On Friday, his second nap was shortened by a visit to the pediatrician's office for a flu vaccine and then a visit to my office. The result was one very overtired baby. When rocking and patting and singing and lots of other things didn't work, I started kissing him incessantly on the cheek. He calmed down immediately, eventually falling asleep early for the night. I kissed that baby over 500 times for sure.

Since this blog has become my baby book for now (some day I will update the hard copy again), I should document how the solids have been going. About two weeks ago, Atticus shifted from being mostly distinterested in solid food to adoring it. Now he's like a little baby bird, leaning forward and opening wide for each new bite. A week ago I started feeding him solids twice a day instead of just once. He now eats some kind of cereal mixed with fruit (mango, pear, or peach) at around 11am, and then some kind of vegetable (avocado, sweet potato, or butternut squash) at around 5pm, sometimes with some fruit too.

Atticus gave us a little scare yesterday. His eye was all goopey, and when he woke from his afternoon nap, it looked swollen shut, but it turned out the goop had just glued his eye like that. When I washed off his eye, he looked pretty normal. We called the doctor, and they told us what symptoms to watch out for (that would mean the ER). I hoped it was just some reaction to his flu vaccine. He looks normal this morning, so I guess that was all it was. thank goodness

btw, when Chris was on the phone with the hotline nurse yesterday, he paused to ask me Atticus's birthday. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment