Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Atticus Wyatt Riggs!

Atticus Wyatt Riggs was born at 8:26AM in Tucson, Arizona.  He weighed 9.1 lbs.  He was 22 inches long.  Michelle was in labor for an agonizing 27.5 hours.  If you are looking for a positive review of natural birth it won't be from me.  It was the worst night of my life.  Michelle was amazing.  There are not words for her ability to deal with pain for such a long period.  But in the end, Michelle gave birth to a healthy baby boy.  The first Riggs boy in more than 27 years.  Mother and baby are passed out as I type this.  I can't express how proud I am of Michelle.  Pure warrior.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! She really did an amazing thing and , and, and, words just don't describe how warm and wonderful I feel for your family! kisses all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all 3 of you! Wow, Michelle 27.5 hours, you are a strong woman! Love his name and can't wait to meet him!! Hope he let's you get some well deserved sleep tonight!
    Love to you all! Lauri

    ReplyDelete